I hope you been enjoying all the posts around the web this week about the Wicked Reads event and all the great spooky stories.
And don’t forget to join these authors today at 4pm EST with @YAbookscentral and @mashreads, respectively!
- Danielle Vega (twitter.com/dvegabooks) author of The Merciless and Survive the Night
- Peter Kujawinski (twitter.com/kujawinski) author of Nightfall
- Kim Liggett (twitter.com/kim_liggett) author of Blood and Salt
- April Genevieve Tucholke (https://twitter.com/apriltucholke) author of Slasher Girls & Monster Boys
- Carol Goodman (https://twitter.com/C_Goodmania) author of Blythewood series
- Sally Green (https://twitter.com/Sa11eGreen) author of the Half Bad series
Also don’t forget and Join!
#TwitterGhostStory, the week-long event (taking place 10/26-10/31) in which you can write a spooky story in 140 characters or less using #TwitterGhostStory to enter for the chance to win a prize pack of the featured titles.
We’re all gonna die down here. . . .
Julie lies dead and disemboweled in a dank, black subway tunnel, red-eyed rats nibbling at her fingers. Her friends think she’s just off with some guy—no one could hear her getting torn apart over the sound of pulsing music.
In a tunnel nearby, Casey regrets coming to Survive the Night, the all-night underground rave in the New York City subway. Her best friend Shana talked her into it, even though Casey just got out of rehab. Alone and lost in the dark, creepy tunnels, Casey doesn’t think Survive the Night could get any worse . . .
. . . until she comes across Julie’s body, and the party turns deadly.
Desperate for help, Casey and her friends find themselves running through the putrid subway system, searching for a way out. But every manhole is sealed shut, and every noise echoes eerily in the dark, reminding them they’re not alone.
They’re being hunted.
Trapped underground with someone—or something—out to get them, Casey can’t help but listen to her friend’s terrified refrain: “We’re all gonna die down here. . . .” in this bone-chilling sophmore novel by the acclaimed author of The Merciless.